Recent Social Security Disability Tweets
1. Social Security Disability Hearing requests are up 10 percent compared to the same period last year.
2. SSA statistics show that it is now taking longer to get a decision from a judge after a social security disability hearing has been held.
3. Apparently the longer times required for social security disability hearing decisions results from a manpower shortage among decision writers.
4. The more disconnected a social security disability claimant is from the adjudicator, the more the situation resembles an examiner decision.
5. What do I mean by that? Social security disability decisions by examiners are somewhat robotic. One purpose of the hearing is that the social security disability applicant actually gets to meet & interact with the decision-maker, or adjudicator. An important "human" element.
6. Some might argue that being physically in front of a social security disability judge or appearing via video makes no difference. However that simply ignores a crucial element of the social security disability system, which is the fact that the system is very subjective.
Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog