Saturday, October 08, 2011



Social Security Award Letter said I'm due a substantial back pay amount

"I just received my award letter, with my benefit amount and such. According to the letter I'm due a substantial back pay amount. The letter stated that they had to determine any SSI benefits I got, which were none. Will my back pay be expedited because I didn't get any SSI benefits? My letter says I qualified for SSI, but my SSDI amount was larger, so that was all I was going to collect."


Your award letter addresses the fact that you most likely filed for both Social Security disability and Supplemental Security Income disability simultaneously.

The letter stated that you were qualified for SSI and they would have to determine if you were eligible for disability benefits or not. SSI is a need based disability program that has income and resource limits. If you meet those limits you may qualify for SSI benefits.

Many individuals meet the income and resource requirements of SSI disability prior to becoming eligible for their Social Security disability benefits because there is a five-month waiting period for Social Security beneficiaries. Social Security pays not disability benefits during this time.

While many are eligible for SSI disability benefits, you may not be entitled to SSI disability benefits. If that is the case, you should receive your disability back pay expeditiously.




Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog




Other Posts

Social Security Disability Psychological Exam
Application Requirements For SSI Disability
Getting Disability - Social Security Disability and SSI
What happens after you apply for Social Security Disability or SSI ?
Second Disability Appeal - What makes it different from the First?
How many Social Security Disability and SSI cases get denied?
Social Security Disability and Medical Evidence
Social Security Disability SSI: What is an on the record decision ?

How long Does it take to get a Decision Letter for Social Security Disability?
Preparing for a Disability Hearing - A Resource List
My Disability Claim was Denied, Should I Reapply?
Applying for Disability with Depression
How long for a Disability Review?
Disability Determination

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home